Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yes That's Right JOHN DENVER

One of the things that motivated me as an artist...yes I do believe I am now an artist....it has taken me years to get comfortable with using this term to describe what I do...I feel my vision, ability to communicate a message through my images have finely gotten to a point where I can and do say something.

My love of music goes back to a small kid...mostly I enjoyed just listening but about 6 or 7 years ago I finally broke down and bought a guitar...all because of the music and message of John Denver.

Here is an excerpt from a very recent article on CMT News, written by Chet Flippo........our society needs MORE JOHN DENVER!


'But music can and does affect a nation's mood. Not everyone liked John Denver's generally sunny songs, but his championing of nature and the earth made a genuine impact. And people still listen to and sing his songs. He made a difference, is what I'm saying. This week's disposable hell-raiser song does not. I got nothing against hell-raising. I just don't know that it's something you do all the time when everything's going to hell all around you. "

Here is a link to the full article!

Chet Flippo Article


Come on...how about a little sunshine on my shoulders!

No comments: