Sunday, August 5, 2007

Fly Fishing

Well since photography is not as much a hobby as it is work I had to find something else to east the stress.

Of course I have to take the camera with me!

I've always wanted to learn to fly fish, just something about being in a river in a beautiful landscape takes me back to my days in scouting.

The publisher of Frisco Style Magazine and I along with some friends and Billy (an incredible artist and designer) take a day off after the issue has been sent off to the printer. We will usually leave early in the morning and head north to Broken Bow Oklahoma. Beavers Bend State Park has an incredible trout stocking program.

We've been twice now and I don't know if I enjoy catching the fish or taking shots of such amazing landscapes.

Well give me a shout and come along with us on the next trip!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

to be a "photo blog", there sure is a bunch of writing and no pics?

Chris Fritchie Images said...

I do need to upload some more pics. Was that a request?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so sweet of you! I did enjoyed the trip and do fly fish even though I haven't caught one, but it's an adventurous to me. I think you will enjoy both taking shots with your camera and catching trouts with your weeling fly fish rod. Let me tell you something, you take pictures with an incredible shots. All pictures are excellent shots I have ever seen, good qualities, and good values. With fly fishing, hmmm, you looked good in the wader standing in the middle of the river and wearing cool polarized sunglasses with your favorite caps. That's just about right! I'm looking for the next trip too like we always have different stories.